You know those days when you just want to stay in bed or take naps under the desk? You wonder where your battery went because you feel suddenly tired? I do and I’ve got a few tips for you in case you felt or feel like that today.
Because I do believe it’s possible to thrive even if you’re suddenly feeling low energy! I know that sounds like an oxymoron, to thrive when you don’t have the energy to thrive, but hear me out.
What if there are things you can do to get back into the zone quickly? Even if your energy is feeling low or your environment is not exciting you.
I’m a super high-energy person. I’m in positive expectancy all of the time. It’s just my default setting by nature. And yet there are times when you can’t help but think that there must be something going on.
For example on Monday night and Tuesday this week, out-of-the-blue, my phone stopped working, my parents got scammed out of $3,000, and my boyfriend came down with a sudden ache and was feeling paralyzing pain. When things like this happen, it makes you wonder: is everyone going through this right now or is it just me?
And the answer is, maybe yes, maybe not. But here’s what I want to recommend to you when you’re feeling low energy:
1. Notice the abundance around you–what is going well? What can you find in your life to appreciate and be grateful for?
2. Do not force yourself to do anything--sometimes we want to push past the resistance and the tiredness and it actually makes it worse.
3. Change your environment--go somewhere you can smile and get distracted from what’s going on because the worst thing you can do is dwell on not feeling the high-vibe energy.
4. It’s OK to feel low energy, but don’t become a victim of it–know that it’s temporary. So cuddle up, get in bed, watch bad TV. But by all means, do not give more thought to the bad stuff going on than you need to because you risk getting stuck there and making it last longer than it needs to.
5. Think of how many times you’ve fallen into a sudden funk and have come out of it just fine–give yourself permission to feel the feelings and just move on.
I hope these tips help you snap out of the low-energy funk FAST so you can get back to feeling the high-vibe energy you’re used to.
It happens to all of us, love. Don’t be so hard on yourself.